Publié dans: Autres dans Chicago | Posté: |
Kids Science Labs [ the leader in center-based hands-on science education, is hiring for our Summer Leadership Institute. We are looking for talented teachers and educators to join us as we inspire the next generation of creative thinkers and leaders. We are proud that over 150 fellows have graduated from our highly-selective leadership program and we continue to love inspiring our staff, as well as our students, to change communities everywhere. If you are a college student, we encourage you to apply to our summer internship that trains teachers: [
Our leadership institute provides a challenging and rewarding experience that prepares candidates for successful careers as innovators, teachers, scientists and artists. We provide the training and tools that enable you to become a better innovator, problem solver, and leader, all while laughing, engaging, and having fun each and everyday with students.
Why Kids Science Labs?
We believe that wondering why can change the world, and our goal each and every day is to teach kids how. Applicants to our Summer Leadership Institute already know how to have fun, we just teach you how to apply innovation, design, and creativity to life's everyday challenges through help kids become better problem solvers themselves.
* BS/BA degree in progress
* Ability to adapt and operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment
* Imagination, thoughtfulness, and good sense of humor
* Curiosity and desire to learn
* Passion for changing the world
* Love being around kids ages 4-12
Roles and Responsibilities:
While we have the best hands-on science program in the country all year round at Kids Science Labs, our Fellows are critical to our success every summer. We enable and inspire thousands of the next generation of leaders everyday through our passionate work. Therefore, our Fellows are required to be curious and adaptive, and are part of a high performing KSL teaching team that engages kids every day. Our program pairs you with our full-time Faculty to engage students in a robust program that includes one innovation class, one hands-on discovery science class, as well as two electives in the afternoon in art, critical thinking, problem solving, lego design, and general science.
Make no mistake, although we laugh and have fun, the work is both challenging and rewarding. It also involves you spending time in a progressive classroom environment that is all about building fundamental skills in kids that lead to their (and your own) long-term outperformance.
* Free Lunch Fridays, Weekly professional development sessions to build skills, & $18-$20/hr for teaching 5 days/week
* Awesome presentation skills training to captivate any audience
* Case Studies in Leadership
* Daily breaks and collaboration with other leadership institute members
* Be a part of a mission driven, high growth, successful company that is changing the face of education