Publié dans: Vente en détail dans Etats Unis | Posté: |
Our client develops, manufactures and markets specialty food ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide with a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for working with the site Operations team to ensure food safety, quality and efficiency of products manufactured at the site.
This person will take a lead role in ensuring that new products developed by the R&D team are commercialized into efficient production at the plant level. The person in this role will be a member of the site Food Safety Team, supporting Food Safety System risk assessment as well as development of specifications and defining operating quality checks that will ensure compliance to customer specification.
As QA Supervisor you will be responsible to continuously optimize the safety, quality, consistency, and efficiency of existing products by applying statistical principles and analyzing data to understand process capability, then suggest and implement improvements. He/she will succeed through a knowledge of food science and the ability to analyze and interpret data, identify trends, and develop ways to measurably improve processes.
He/she will inspire trust through respecting employees and partners within and outside the organization, always doing the right thing while playing to win.
* Ensures compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) under 21 CFR 117 as well as regional and national health authority regulations including responsibilities for:
* Effectively implements cross functional continuous improvement initiatives and corrective and preventative actions
* Assists with the oversight of the Quality System including SQF, HACCP/Food Safety Plans by assisting with report preparation, audit activities, both internal and external, corrective action investigations and reports
* As a PCQI, review production records, verify CCPs for each process and maintain documentation while monitoring plant activities for compliance with HACCP/GMP programs
* Execute validation of Preventative Controls on scheduled basis
* Oversee chemical and physical analysis on product, ingredient and control samples according to laboratory procedures, report completion, data entry and internal GMP audit activities; needs to understand the concepts of each analysis, anticipate the result and follow through on any deviation
* Able to serve as the back up to the Microbiology Supervisor by performing microbiological and chemical analysis on product, ingredient, and control samples according to laboratory procedures; and release of product and COA preparation; covers all lab responsibilities during the absence of the Microbiology Supervisor
* Assists the Microbiology Supervisor with monitoring and maintaining the environmental program. Holds accountability for the program
* Assists with R&D projects, plant inspections and QC checks during production and packaging of food
* Accountable for providing employee new hire and annual training programs including but not limited to: GMP, HACCP, Allergen, Food Defense
* Act as emergency backup if direct reports are absent
* Maintains the pest control program while working with shift supervisors and operators to document pest activity
* Maintains and manages calibration schedules of testing equipment including moisture analyzer, water activity analyzer, etc.
* Assists with investigations and corrective actions for nonconformances and customer complaints
* Monitors and assesses plant performance on Master Sanitation Schedule
* Communicates effectively all critical information regarding analysis, procedures, and test results
* Uses computer skills in Microsoft D365, Outlook and Office necessary for the establishment and maintenance of procedures, SOPs, Work Instructions, forms and oversight of the GMP training program
* Follows all laboratory and plant GMP procedures. Embraces safety philosophy and policies
* Establishes, maintains and provides written reports as needed by operations quality
* Participate in daily operations meeting and monthly/annual quality review meetings
* Oversee QC laboratory activities and laboratory personnel, coordinating daily work activities and accountable for instrument calibration and monitoring of preventative maintenance programs. Ensures compliance with written procedures
* Designated backup for reviewing specifications during specification development
* Duties must be executed in a timely manner, so production personnel receive rapid feedback on product quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* Ability to apply critical thinking skills and a knowledge of food science to practical situations. Has commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Must be able to work independently to plan and organize tasks and manage the workload. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations. Able to interpret customer requirements and government regulations and apply to products and processes. This person can see the big picture as well as develop the tactical steps to achieve it.
* The successful candidate must be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time. Will be required to lift and carry large boxes up several flights of stairs and throughout the building. May be working with hazardous chemicals. Hours as needed by the company.
* BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN FOOD SCIENCE OR RELATED DISCIPLINE PLUS 3-5 YEARS OF RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE. APPLICABLE WORK EXPERIENCE MAY BE CONSIDERED IN LIEU OF A DEGREE.
* KNOWLEDGE OF FDA CFR REGULATIONS AND INTERNATIONAL FOOD REGULATIONS BENEFICIAL.
* COMPUTER PROFICIENCY SHOULD INCLUDE MS OFFICE SUITE, MINITAB, OR SIMILAR STATISTICAL SOFTWARE.
* Proficient in analytical/ critical thinking & problem solving.
* Knowledge of experimental design, Statistical process control and lean manufacturing principles.
* Experience with Food Safety systems, liquid and dry processing systems preferred.
* Continuous learning mindset. An effective communicator with the ability to influence without authority and present ideas to senior leadership in a compelling and data-based manner.
* Willing to actively engage with operators and technicians to educate on best practices and explain why the nuance of their job is important.
This position will have an advantage of growing into management in the next 3-5 years. Learn from the best, work in a well run facility of 80 employees with 7 direct reports to you.
- Temps plein
- Temps plein