Group Reservations Coordinator
A great opportunity waits at Lake Louise. We are searching for a dynamic individual who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in Guest Service.
Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Reservations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Group Reservations Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and carrying out all tasks related to guest rooms under a convention
- Daily review of the Group Cut Off and Group Status Change reports
- Weekly review of reports. Updating and monitoring convention inventory; communicating their status and changes to the Revenue Management Team
- Maintain working relationship with the Sales and Conference Services departments to ensure correct information is documented in all contracts, receive regular updates regarding groups, and maintain addendums and all information as it relates to Group bookings
- Analyzing and implementing convention contracts provided by the Sales Managers throughout the Mountain Region
- Work closely with the reservations team to ensure accuracy of reservations
- Review all group resumes and add billing instructions to all convention guest rooms to ensure accuracy of billing, also responsible for ensuring these are understood by the rest of the rooms division team
- Group Reservations Coordinator is responsible for attending external Pre-Convention Meetings and internal Resume Review Meetings
- Maintaining an organized online filing system for all convention related correspondence
- Acting as a role model of guest service for both internal and external guests
- Maintaining a safe, hazard free and environmentally friendly workplace
- Previous Front Desk and/or Reservations experience in a Mountain Resort an asset
- Knowledge of Property Manager, Word and Excel is an asset
- High School Diploma required, Management Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Tourism an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as good problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment
- Able to be an informal leader to newer colleagues in the department
You may be required towork on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission ofyour application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able tomeet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about livingand working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!