Location: Denver, Colorado
Date Posted: 6/27/2020
To develop, oversee, and maintain relationships with key personnel at stores within assigned territory in a manner that maximizes the sale of AWC kitchen and bath cabinets by those stores and to meet or exceed revenue and expense and expense targets.
* Develop and implement strategy for assigned home center locations within territory that results in enhanced relationships between AWC and the assigned home center locations and enhanced sales of AWC products by those locations, including determining which stores in the assigned territory and which key people within those stores on which to focus efforts;
* Develop and manage marketing and travel and entertaining budgets to provide optimum relationship development with store managers and other key store personnel within territory including determining how to best utilize resources for maximum effect for AWC market share and revenue;
* Diagnose and resolve customer concerns and complaints regarding service and warranty issues;
* Conduct comparative analysis on competitor designs and quotes in order to convert potential sales;
* * Preserve and improve client orders by performing regular store visits; sales personnel training; provide display recommendations; POP updates; kitchen clinic presentations; and implementing sales promotions and incentives;
* Develop priority selling and effective time management skills to improve productivity and call efficiency
* Achievement of sales, expense, transactional quality goals
* Development and execution of store call strategy
* Development, Maintenance, and Maximization of quality business relationships with key customers
* Promotional event planning and budgeting
* Participation in grand openings
* POP and display updates
* In-store training, clinics, and promotions assistance for sales personnel only
* Analyze designs and provide feedback for alternative solutions for cost effectiveness
* Mediation of service and warranty issues
* Territory activity reporting
* Following AWC policies and procedures in performing responsibilities of job
* Maintaining and promoting a team spirit among all AWC personnel
This job typically has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or related field
* Proven track record in sales with 5 to 7 years of successful new business development experience
* Strong Leadership skills
* Drive, determination, and discipline of a self-starter
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Energy and focus to be goals and results oriented
* Excellent organization skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft windows based applications
* Must have valid license and no record of previous suspensions/revocations within the last 3 years
* Cannot have any vehicular offenses that resulted in a criminal conviction or more than 3 moving violations in the last year
Ability to read, and interpret common business documents including technical reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head.
Significant travel, both in and out of town, is required. Travel is typically by company car and commercial air carrier. Typically, offices will be out of a sales representative's private home. Hours will vary as necessitated by business. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: American Woodmark
Company: American Woodmark