Posted in: Engineering in United States | Posted: |
Our client is a very well establish cold forming manufacturer located near Mauston, WI. Due to growth in the company and succession planning they need to add a Cold Form Tool Design Engineer to their staff. Ideally you will be a person who can mentor and help develop less experienced team members. This is a beautiful part of the state, with good schools, and great outdoor activities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Design cold forming tooling that meets specifications and produces a blueprint part.
* Maintain digital/electronic data. Support manufacturing and other departments as an internal customer.
* Specify, develop, validate and install new Forming equipment, gauges and tooling.
* Work with suppliers for tooling requirements based on Quality, Cost and Delivery
* Identify and implement quality improvements, tool cost improvements and uptime improvements.
* Troubleshoot and provide technical support for manufacturing Forming processes.
* Develop and maintain engineering documentation to support requirements.
* Train others in troubleshooting tool failures.
* Generate tooling work orders.
* Provides metric data for reviews.
* Supports customers & project teams with data analysis.
WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Minimum 3 years of experience DESIGNING TOOLING FOR THIS PRECISION COLD FORMING operations.
* Experience with NAGFORM Design and simulation OR other simulation programs
* Working knowledge of cold forming machines (National, Nedschroef etc.)
* The greater your engineering academics the better but key is the experience
* Experience in gauge specifications and usage for precision components with micron tolerances.
* Understand and interpret engineering prints. Working knowledge of GD&T.
* Proficient oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
* Exhibit strong organizational skills to meet project goals and deadlines.
* Medical and dental insurance
* Life insurance
* 401K with 4% match after 1 year, averaging 3%
* Discretionary bonus that has averages $10,000
* Vacation, personal days, and holidays
* Relocation assistance is available