Posted in: Engineering in United Kingdom | Posted: |
About the Role:
The DevOps Architect will be working alongside an experienced team of knowledgeable product architects to evolve the operation, efficiency and operation Zellis’ HCM Cloud offering and participate in strategic automation and technology projects. This involves a varied range of automation and software-based problem solving, spiking on new cloud and software areas and a deep understanding of DevOps processes and tooling.
Reporting to Head of Product Architecture and working towards the ‘Dev’ side of DevOps, the DevOps Architect will work with many software product teams as well as DevOps, deployment and Azure operational teams to provide technical and architectural assistance on epics in each HCM Cloud release, as well involvement in dedicated architecture team epics using the following technologies and skills:
* Evolve and optimise our current containerized deployment approach running under Kubernetes in Azure (AKS).
* Maintain and support current engineering-owned software deployment and functional pipelines in Azure DevOps underpinned by a range of technologies including Helm, Azure CLI, Powershell, SQL.
* Enhance the current HCM Cloud control plane for both production and pre-production scenarios using API orchestration and modern software platforms such as Java and Kotlin.
* Understand enterprise-wide opportunities, problems and requirements and assess predominately cloud-based technology options using potentially unfamiliar leading and bleeding edge technology offerings.
As DevOps Architect you will key contact for both engineering and operational colleagues and must be experienced in efficiently managing both planned and unplanned priorities, providing advice on approaches to successfully leveraging new technologies and how they work together architecturally.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience of working with containerized web applications, Kubernetes and Helm, ideally using Azure Kubernetes Service.
* A background in web-based application development using Java/Spring Boot or similar object-oriented language/platform.
* Familiarity with building API applications that both expose APIs and consume third-party REST APIs.
* Packaging and operating web applications using Docker.
* Build and release pipeline development and maintenance, ideally using Azure DevOps.
* Solid exposure to both configuration-as-code and infrastructure-as-code approaches using GIT, Terraform, Azure CLI.
* A passion and eagerness to self-teach new tools and technologies.
* Demonstrable problem-solving skills using modern cloud technologies.
* Solid experience in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
* Solid written and spoken English skills.
* Microsoft Certified: Azure Engineer or Architect certification is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to work within a supportive environment. As such you will have an invested career within software development as well as be passionate about technology and continually learning. In addition, you will have deep understanding of software engineering practices and technical excellence.
With over 50 years’ experience and almost 2,000 employees we serve over 5 million of our customers’ employees and process in excess of 60 million payslips a year.
As a business we offer real-time recruitment, onboarding, talent and performance management services to over 600 customers via our powerful and integrated ResourceLink software.
We’re trusted by leading businesses throughout the UK and Ireland to help them with their most important resource – their people. We master what we do with a third of the FTSE 100, two thirds of the top 10 retailers and a third of all UK councils as our customers
- 15 - 20 GBP/Hour