Portugese speaking preferred but not essential. Must have authorisation to work in Portugal
Our client is an international lighting group and a leading supplier of innovative lighting solutions, lighting components and associated services. With its core brands, the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive portfolio of products and services.
* Are you a PASSIONATE Senior Software Tester looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFORMANCE? If the answer to the questions are yes, then we want to hear from you.
The company is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Tester to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal. Opened in January 2019, the Software Centre currently employs 27 software engineers, with a plan to grow to 75 software engineers in the following years. You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who takes pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology. This is an exciting time to join the team as we look to strengthen our position as the global driver of lighting technology.
As a Senior Software Tester you will be responsible for planning, preparation, execution, improvement and communication of testing activities for our core IoT building management systems.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
* You will be working at the forefront of IoT innovations, testing cloud applications and interfaces, web portals, mobile applications and embedded devices.
* Your passion is to explore the uncharted Internet of Light business being part of the R&D team.
* Your contribution is quality assurance within an agile development process (Scrum) to continuously monitor and benchmark functionality, scalability, availability and reliability during development.
* You will drive continuous integration and continuous delivery.
* You are responsible for creation of test plans and test concepts and functional coordination of test activities for the testers.
* You will analyse our products and underlying specifications for testability.
* You will elaborate test specifications, test cases and test automation.
* You will perform actual testing and failure analysis. To create and present defect and test summary reports is part of your job.
* You will collaborate closely with globally distributed development teams, internal project sponsors and product support/Operations, ensuring the appropriate planning and management of test environment (including tooling).
* You will contribute to enhance our test concepts, test plans, test automation and continuous improvement activities all around testing.
* To be successful in this role, you hold a degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar with at least 5 years practical experience in software development and/or testing. You have advanced knowledge and experience in programming, test automation frameworks, test and related tools (e.g. C#, Java, Ranorex, Wireshark). You will be proficient with build automation concepts using tools like maven, GitLab-CI, Docker, Swarm and Kubernetes as well as working in a Linux environment with good scripting knowledge.
On a personal level, you are inspired by cross-cultural collaboration within a globally distributed development team. You have the ability to drive and implement change effectively and you enjoy sharing your know-how and experience. You are a pragmatic individual and a solution finder with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills and the ability to work independently and take on responsibility.
If this is you and you are excited reading this then our client offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You’ll be joining a great team with the freedom to make an impact - and build the career you’re proud of