Portugese speaking preferred but not essential - but must have authority to work in Portugal
Our client is an international lighting group and a leading supplier of innovative lighting solutions, lighting components and associated services. With its core brands, the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive portfolio of products and services.
* Are you a PASSIONATE Senior DevOps Engineer looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFORMANCE? If the answer to the questions are yes, then we want to hear from you.
The company are recruiting for a Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f) to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Porto as the business strengthens its group wide software know-how. You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who take pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology.
This is an exciting time to be joining the company as they look to strengthen their position as the global driver of lighting technology.
As a DevOps Engineer on the IoT team, you will support continuous integration and delivery for a world-class IoT platform which will allow our customers to easily manage their lighting and “beyond lighting” devices. You will support the existing connecDIM platform and utilize key learnings for the next generation net4more IoT platform.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
* Responsible for collaborating with development, Quality Assurance (QA) and operations teams to define processes and best practices for reliable delivery of high quality software
* Works closely with development, QA and operations teams to ensure smooth deployment of production releases
* Work closely with development, QA and operation teams to continually monitor and benchmark scalability, availability, and reliability
* Design, build, implement and build continuous integration and continuous delivery frameworks for the entire IoT platform
* Lead the adoption of best-in-class practices, frameworks and tools
* Participate in software design reviews, conduct peer code reviews and provide feedback to junior developers
* You should hold a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent in a related field and candidates should have experience with build automation concepts using tools like maven, GitLab-CI, Docker, Swarm and Kubernetes. You will have expertise in setting up, managing and monitoring cloud instances using AWS or Azure as well as working in a Linux environment and writing scripts. You should be familiar with the following: Java and PHP development, micro-services architecture and design principles and with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Crate.io, Cassandra).
If this is you and you are excited reading this then this company offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You’ll be joining an award winning team in a growing market with the freedom to make an impact – and build the career you’re proud of