Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd., a subsidiary of the FTI Group operates a number of hotels/resorts in Malta under the brand name of LABRANDA Hotels and Resorts. In view of the continuous business growth the company is seeking to recruit Assistant Chef on full-time basis.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring HACCP and Occupational Health and Safety procedures are enforced;
- Oversee that food is prepared, cooked and presented to very high standards;
- Oversee that the recipes are being followed as deemed and appropriate work methods are used;
- Ensure compliance with all procedures, standard and quality of service including also customer care;
- Ensuring a safe environment for customers and employees;
- Control inventories of operating materials, tools, production and service equipment;
- Assisting the Head Chef in communicating effectively the goals, policies, procedures and standard to all staff;
- Assist and liaise within the preparation of menus;
- Stay current on market trends , safety and hygiene regulations.
The selected candidate must:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a hotel kitchen;
- Have the ability to work under pressure;
- Possess multi-tasking, prioritising and efficient time-management abilities;
- Systematic, orderly, forward-looking and attentive to detail;
- Ability to get accustomed swiftly to new working environment;
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of commitment.
Apply for this job